Gamification for Learning Professionals
April 18 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm CEST€151.83
Have you ever wondered why students would rather play a video game than attend class?
Why employees would check their phones during a presentation of their HR Manager?
What motivates people to take action and why is that action not always linked to learning and development?
More importantly, how can you take advantage of what makes games so engaging and put that into L&D?
Gamification stands for “applying game-design elements and game principles in non-game contexts” and this is what you will learn in this event.
Antonis is using gamification in the field of L&D and has prepared an interactive workshop in which you’ll get introduced to gamification in practice.
What you will learn:
– What is gamification, how did it come to be and where has it been applied.
– What motivates people to take action and how to trigger motivation.
– How to apply gamification and behavioral design in L&D.
– How to apply gamification on YOUR OWN L&D needs.
How you’ll learn:
This will be an intensive interactive workshop, so you’ll be introduced to gamification in learning by doing manner. Do not expect a passive, boring presentation; come ready for action!
We will also use a blended learning methodology, so come with a device you feel comfortable using that can connect to WiFi (smartphone, tablet or laptop).
L&D managers, HR professionals, team leads, business executives coaches, teachers, university lecturers
– Introduction to gamification and related frameworks.
– Your own L&D needs and how gamification can be part of the solution.
– PLAY TIME! Or learning how to apply gamification by just doing it.
LUNCH (provided )
– Developing prototypes for applying gamification in your real-life L&D practice.
– Developing an action plan tailored to your L&D needs
This is an intensive 5-hour long workshop on actionable gamification, limited to 12 motivated attendees who aim to solve real L&D challenges from their practice. Attending this workshop means committing to actively participate in the workshop, including a prior needs analysis and follow-up plan.
1hr follow-up 1-1 session with the trainer (worth €150) valid for 1 month after the workshop