- This event has passed.
Navigating through #FakeNews
December 16, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm CET
How to deal with it all? How to recognise and differentiate between fake news and news you don’t like? What practical ways are there to check your news sources and be an informed citizen without falling prey to common logical fallacies used in the media and even your own confirmation bias?
Come to a workshop full of interactive exercises that will help you do just that! Navigate through your social media, spot fake news and stay informed and ready to act based on truth!
What you’ll learn
- Distinguish between (fake?) news and other types of information;
- Evaluate the credibility of claims of information present in social media;
- Identify psychological biases and logical fallacies that influence how we interpret information;
- Critically examine a news story and identify how it was produced.
How you’ll learn
The workshop will be based on experiential learning methods; meaning it will be highly interactive and you will be learning by doing. Attending this workshop means committing to actively participate and being ready to work in a mixed group of participants, share your knowledge and learn from everyone involved, through an insightful and playful process carefully designed by the experienced trainer holding the workshop. In other words, come prepared to have fun while learning!
What to bring with you
- A device that can access the internet (smartphone, tablet or laptop);
- A means for keeping notes that you feel comfortable with (your smartphone or a notebook and a pen);
- A collaborative spirit and eagerness to learn!
Where and when to come
on Sunday, December 16, at 17:30-20:30.
Registration will start at 17:15, so please be on time!
Book your tickets!
Promote the event and make some money!
Join the affiliate program for the workshop through this link and earn 5% of the tickets you’ll be selling! That’s a simple thank you for making sure more people develop critical thinking skills through this workshop. Certificates of attendance will be provided and there will also be time for an open discussion after the workshop. Coffee and tea is included in the price.
See you soon at LIANE, the Bright Urban Jungle of Neukölln!
Berlin,10243Germany+ Google Map